Skip to main content

About this collection

“The Mendon Public Library – where history and the future meet”

 

A group of women from the Fortnightly Club of Honeoye Falls formed the Honeoye Falls Free Library in 1912. Its 500 books were circulated free of charge from two upstairs rooms in a building on Main Street. In 1928, Jonathon Noxon bequeathed $10,000 to the Honeoye Falls Free Library for the purpose of erecting a library building. The Honeoye Falls Free Library Association transferred its holdings to the newly incorporated Honeoye Falls Library, Inc. in 1935. The new library was completed in 1936; it is the white home-like building at 15 Monroe Street.

 

 

The Town of Mendon established the Mendon Public Library in 1968. The Trustees of the Honeoye Falls Library voted to dissolve that organization and transfer its assets to the newly established Mendon Public Library. An addition to the Monroe Street library building was completed in 1975 to make room for the expanded collection. Over one hundred volunteers from church, social and service groups in the community moved the entire book collection from the old building into the new space.

 

 

In 2007, over 99,000 items were circulated from the library; over 70,000 people visited it; over 3,000 people attended 100 free library programs. Circulation and visits are growing each year, and once again with the help of dedicated staff and volunteers, the Mendon Public Library moved into our new facility at 22 North Main Street in 2011. For more information about the Mendon Public Library, please visit www.mendonlibrary.org.

 

 

Honeoye Falls-Lima Yearbook Collection:

 

 

The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District comprises 74 square miles and nine towns in three counties: Monroe County (Mendon, Henrietta and Rush); Livingston County (Avon, Lima and Livonia) and Ontario (Victor, West Bloomfield and Richmond). The Honeoye Falls-Lima School District was established in 1969 through a merger of the neighboring Honeoye Falls and Lima School Districts. Honeoye Falls, originally known as Norton’s Mills, was founded in 1791, and Lima was founded three years later. Together, the two towns make up 80% of the District’s residential population. The District lies within a rolling countryside, amid a mix of established farms, modern homes and historic town dwellings.

 

 

The Honeoye Falls-Lima Yearbook Collection covers many of the years between 1954 and 2009, and includes various titles, such as The Hornet (Honeoye Falls Central Schools), the Ska-Hase-Ga-Oan (Lima Central Schools), and the Liaison (Honeoye Falls-Lima Central Schools).

 
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK