Skip to main content

About this collection

 

The Voorheesville Public Library was established in 1915 by residents of the Village of Voorheesville to serve as the community's information center. The library was open five hours/week and housed a collection of about 700 books in a space located in the Village Firehouse. In 1929 the library was moved to 32 Main Street until 1988 when the library moved to its current location at 51 School Road where it hosts a collection of nearly 50,000 items. The library’s digital collection includes records documenting the people, places, and events of the Village of Voorheesville and to a lesser extent the Town of New Scotland.

View all of the Voorheesville Public Library Digital Collection


View the Voorheesville Public Library website



Voorheesville Public Library Sub-collections: 

 

Voorheesville Historical Records

 The Village of Voorheesville Historical Records is a collection of archival materials collected by the Village Historian and donated to the Voorheesville Public Library in 2014. These historical records include approximately 35 linear feet of documents, photographs, printed material, and a few objects. The topics covered in this collection include, genealogy and family history, church records, records of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the fire company of Voorheesville, business and school history, documentation of the Village’s centennial in 1999, maps, and many photographs about these and other topics. The collection is the major documentation resource for the history of the Village of Voorheesville, which is the largest community in western Albany County, New York.

Boy Scouts of America, Troop 73, Voorheesville, New York Collection 

Howard C. Coughtry, Scoutmaster of Troop 73, the creator of this collection was a carpenter, farmer, and outdoorsman, who wrote newspaper articles for the Altamont Enterprise about the troop’s civic and recreational activities for many years and gathered the articles into over 100 binders from the Sixties to the Nineties. The collection also includes photographs, administrative files, including correspondence, charter applications, rosters, broadsides, and some ephemera about the troops. The collection, 18 boxes, (6 cu. ft.), also includes some material of the predecessor group, Troop 1 (1920-1928).

 
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK